11. Do not covet thy neighbour's purse

I've actually lost count of the number of Birdie Slings I've made. Yes, the factory has poor accounting.

I love each and every one of my Birdie Slings. But this was the first one that I actually wanted to keep. Not only because of the fabulously wild print (she wanted "hippy-earthy-tones" and was "not afraid of patterns") but also because of the fabulous green-hued pewter button. The main fabric is Amy Butler's Gothic Rose. Perhaps she will hate it. Perhaps she will throw it back in my face and say "YOU keep it!" [moment of time to think clearly] Let's be honest. I think I'll cry if she doesn't love it.

From sewing

From sewing
I also completed a Birdie Sling last month that was also truly fabulous. I used Echino Japanese fabric for a whimsical-not-to-loud look. The chic lining is the same in both purses: one in pink, and one in green. You get to carry a cute bag with women carrying cute bags. I wonder what's the lining in their bags?

From sewing

From sewing

Cheryl  – (October 17, 2009 at 12:30 AM)  

These Birdie Slings are gorgeous. Love the Echino fabric that you used. Now if only I had a Birdie Sling pattern to follow... and a sewing machine that would work properly!

Can I commission you to make one for me? :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP