My very own sampler quilt

From sewing

After 7 quilting classes, 9 fat quarters, a gajillion safety pins, hours and hours of perusing the quilt shelves for that perfect border fabric, I have finally finished my first quilt.

The final steps for my quilt involved adding a vibrant red sashing to separate the 6 quilt blocks. It adds some nice framing to the blocks, but more importantly, it hides the fact that my 6 blocks are slightly different sizes...

From sewing

The beautiful paisley fabric is finally added as the border, a gajillion safety pins are used to baste together the backing, batting, and quilt top, and then lots and lots of machine quilting.

And I'm addicted. This one is likely going to make its home on our brown leather armchairs downstairs, which means I need to make another one for Dustin. A quilt for each chair. I have quite a bit of leftover fabric from the 9 fat quarters, so it seems logical to make a matching quilt for Dustin using all the same fabrics. I'm leaning towards a log cabin quilt... I'll keep you posted.


From sewing

From sewing

From sewing

wubecca –   – (November 3, 2010 at 5:55 PM)  

kell, your quilt is BEEYOUTIFUL! great color scheming and no need to explain the uneveness in the blocks - you can't tell! pat on the back, chick! your blog has also been transformed into quilty cute. can't wait for quilt #2 adventures =) x

Elisabeth  – (November 21, 2010 at 11:58 AM)  

My mom and I bought a quilting frame way back when I was in high school (many many years ago) but we just never got around to actually making a quilt, even though we are both proficient seamstresses.
I am in awe.
Congratulations!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP