Bannock: Canadian comfort food

I love trying new restaurants. One of my many pretend jobs is food critiquing. I drag Dustin to a new restaurant, convince him to get what I want him to get, and then I judge the food as if it's my job.



I've shared some of my past restaurant experiences, but there are so many more that I don't post about. It's usually because I don't have nice pictures to accompany the gastronomic experience. And what's a food post without pictures of the food?!

Last week, we celebrated a coworker's upcoming wedding at the new O&B restaurant: Bannock. We've been eagerly awaiting its opening as it boasts a menu of Canadian comfort food: poutine, tourtiere, pea soup, PEI mussels, pot pie, lobster roll, and of course, the deliciously simple, native bannock bread. Are you drooling yet???

I ordered the steamed PEI mussels with fennel and celery root. The flavours were divine. Tasty and light, a touch of the sea. I'm a fennel fanatic, and I think it pairs so well with shellfish.




My lucky coworker (lucky because he was sitting across from me and was therefore obligated to share some of his meal with me...) ordered the roasted duck poutine pizza. It's exactly what it sounds like. Crispy french fries smothered in a roasted duck gravy, all atop a thin slab of bannock bread.




It's always great when coworkers have happy moments to celebrate, especially when you're looking for a reason to try the great new restaurant on the corner!

OneCraftyFox  – (October 4, 2011 at 7:10 PM)  

Any excuse to eat is a good one!! Hope you are doing great, Kelly :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP