Baby sunhat attempt number 1

I was chatting with my friend Jenn and told her about the sunhat I was making for Lily. She was amazed. I was flattered. My sewing time is limited and I was determined to be a good parent and shield Lily's sensitive skin from the harsh rays of the sun.


Precious hours later, I tested out the almost-complete hat on Lily.

Too small. I panicked. Far too small. No! Precious hours wasted!

While watching some fabulous figure skating this afternoon (yay Scott and Tessa!*) I practiced the art of seam ripping and at least salvaged the ruffled brim of the sunhat. I am determined to make this work (and earn Jenn's praise)!!! I'll let you know if/when I figure this out...


* My apologies for the spoiler, but honestly, none of you watch figure skating. I know it. I bet you want to tell me all about how your grandparents love it, though.

OneCraftyFox  – (April 3, 2012 at 12:00 AM)  

Congratulations!! I can imagine how much love there must be between the three of you.

Thinking of you often.
xoxx Diana

Unknown  – (July 13, 2012 at 9:27 AM)  

Yes, you certainly will not hear a single peep of praise from me until you have TEN perfectly fitting sun hats. And have sewn at least half-a-dozen beautiful quilts. And have cooked a delicious meal followed by a hand made dessert. Oh, and have raised a well behaved daughter. Until then, nothing.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP