Pickled peppers, train trips, nursing strikes and more!

Inspired by Barney's one-minute recap of his relationship with Robin, I have decided to do a speed recap to update you all on the goings on in the Dunwell house!

Ready? *big breath*

We went raspberry picking with Emily and Lucas. Also got some hot peppers. Used Michael Symon's method/recipe to pickle them. mmmm. Highly recommended.


We rented a cottage in the 1000 islands and went on our first vacation with Lily. Lily played on the dock. She didn't fall in the gross green water, but Mackenzie did -- 4 times.



Lily is getting bigger, loving her solid foods, has two bottom teeth and a couple more cutting through on the top. She still doesn't like being on her tummy. It is unlikely she will learn to crawl.




She took her first train trip to Ottawa where she caught her first cold. *sniff* (Literally.)

A week ago, Lily went on a nursing strike. I cried a lot. She cried a lot. We forced her to drink milk from a sippy cup. The strike finally ended yesterday. Phew. 6-day strike. Not fun. Probably one of the hardest things I've ever gone through.

Dustin started his first job last week. 12 years of university. Big milestone. Next on the list: new car. Our poor '95 Corolla deserves a retirement.

Dustin is on a purge. He tried to donate my rollerblades to Goodwill. I fought to keep them. I won. He tried to donate my wedding dress. I fought to keep it. He won. Hopefully it helps raise some money for cancer research.

My goals for the next month: sew some fall/winter gear for Lily, finish a quilt, go to the theatre to watch Pitch Perfect, celebrate our 5 year anniversary (I know! 5 years! crazy!), bake a pie, eat a pie, and maybe I should really get started on finding Lily a daycare...

*exhale*

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!


Devika  – (October 5, 2012 at 12:05 AM)  

Wow! That was an awesome read!

I'm glad the strike is over. She's a smart cookie :-)

And you're amazing for hanging in there. So many would have given up...

Mrs. Niles and Ellie –   – (October 5, 2012 at 6:57 AM)  

like like like like like like like like!
Did you time how long it took you to say all that? I think it only took Barney 52 seconds. I bet you did all that in 51....supermom!

Danielle  – (October 5, 2012 at 7:08 AM)  

Those were fantastic photos, I especially like the one of Lily on the dock as well as the last one with both of you. Great blogs, I always look forward to reading them :)

wubecca –   – (October 5, 2012 at 6:02 PM)  

i love new blog posts - especially a 'barney' inspired one. bonus for the new pics of Lily (and yourself)!! can't wait to see what lies ahead. what a cutie you and D produced =)

Emily  – (October 5, 2012 at 7:31 PM)  

A post, finally! :p Blogging is hard with a babe!! Look forward to seeing some sewing project posts in the future.

Yeah for the end of the nursing strike. And double yeah for Dustin new phase in life. Triple yeah for anni celebrations (happy anniversary AND Thanksgiving)!!

Gonna take your recommendation for the pickled hot peppers. Yum.

I'm on a purge. Daniel wants me to rid myself of my Rollerblade but keep my wedding dress...

Last of all *exhale*, LOVE Lilys loose striped shirt/white pants combo. She's so chic.




Tammy –   – (October 7, 2012 at 9:32 PM)  

Awesome post Kel! Glad to hear things are hectic as hell, but going well. We miss you guys, hope to see you soon;)
P.S. Paityn hated (and therefore never had) tummy time too - Lil will still crawl, don't you worry. Happy 5 year anniversary!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP